Thursday, February 19, 2009

my lover Johnny

my lover is like Johnny Cash


like Clyde he stole me away

like Bonnie i did not protest


i am no June, more like the fall

of Cat Power

without the suicidality

without the beauty

without the voice

but

with bangs, with bottle


by the callejones; we live in bars

and dance, doing the washing machine on tables

we are believers

part of the Joy Division cult


we sweat, dehydrate, and robotize our arms

and these rings of fire meet to kiss


and it burns, burns, burns


do you hear

the Echo

it’s

the Underground,

the punk'n'drunks are baptizing us


and it burns, burns, burns


it's something more than two scorpions

our horoscopes predict

how we will venomize each other


oh but my Johnny boy is golden

and this will last past dawn going down to day


oh how my Johnny boy, wears thumb rings

his metal cools my blushing

Mark Twain, you should see us blush

we are human, so human


when i fell into like

i looked at his hands

when i fell into love

i was drinking red wine

with seven up


and he was swinging his guitar

without the suicidality

without the cardigans

without the grunge

but

with voice, with depth


and those angels, they're going to envy us

they can't eat hot dogs de la calle

wrapped in bacon, grilled blacken onions

steam puffing out against

the chilling and killing

acid rain


smear the ketchup with jalapeƱos

without the mustard

without the diet

without the napkins

but

with churros, with bottle


two please


oh my Johnny boy drives me in his carcacha

to Santa Monica pier,

always buys

me tickets for the shooting games


and his

guitar playing hand

takes

my harmonica playing hand


down to the end of the boardwalk


mmmm, my Johnny boy

mmmm, squeeze me tight


we know, Ian and Kurt know, Buddy, Ritchie, Bopper know,

Selena knows; the day the music dies,

love will tear us apart

go ask Naranjo como, voy a explotar


until then, look at this kingdom by the sea



1 comment:

  1. aaah. the normal gina before she got..... @.@

    ReplyDelete