Saturday, February 7, 2009

glimpse of the happy

this are signs of life:


If night comes before we reach our destination,
no worries, we have the flashlights and fireflies.

_

when i fall into like. i look at his hands.
_

Eden did not sink to grief
i know the eternal gold and it last far more than an hour.
_

“Will you hold my hand? Promise me that wherever I go, I’ll feel your warmth there with me”

(he hands her his cigarette)


_

i need to forget, but I want to remember.
The battle over incidents to savor or erase is the cause of my restless nights.
Yes, the window shall remain open, I want the sunrise to warm the numbness that has reached my mind and heart.
_

when you know you can't look and your mind prevents your eyes from wandering up to catch just one sight... but something else says that it is only one glance. and you look; it feels scary but good.

_

i can get sober. because i am not the traditional drinker.

_

boys with long hair make me blush.

even though i get a nothing response

i still blush

and i runaway

the way i ran

in eighth grade

i think i found another grocery store acquaintance.

life needs a little red in its cheeks.


_

I thought you said you didn’t have cigarettes. What’s with the pack?

Open it…. See only seashells and gum. I threw away the ciggys and have been using the pack as a coin purse.

But there are no coins

_


I carved our names in your guitar

Why?

I don’t know… I didn’t want to carve them in a tree. Your guitar was just there.

_


Sunday morning, I read the newspaper, and I sigh

I let out air and I know that my lungs haven’t collapsed

_


Picasso paintings fill my books

I read.

And I eat

lobster on plastic plates

and I drink

red wine with seven up

_____________



"things are good. we should take a Polaroid... " -the Good Life






No comments:

Post a Comment