Tuesday, June 30, 2009

why is it that we always finds ourselves at the docks


at 3am
shine a flashlight on me and you'll see that i am not there; it's not four years ago.

i told you i wasn't stardust,
i'm just broken glass
the broken beer bottles by the Henry Fonda parking lot

our walks recklessly never on tempo leave me exercised
the moon songs on the radio, they don't mean we'll be there for each other

i can't see the start of things, that you said was in my lips
and i broke the glasses that you fell in love with
But you still won't leave me alone.

further and further away i want you gone

i need to be left

i can't shake the smell of your nicotine stains
there's no way to
exchange this weak system

i was never a secondhand smoker until i met you
i was doing just fine

until
i saw your name spelled wrong on my run through echo park
and
at 3am i used spray paint to fix the misspelling on the tunnel wall.


No comments:

Post a Comment