Sunday, July 12, 2009

romantics of the travelers {what you told me}


i'm not looking to fool no one with these beats
i sure as fuck don't fool you

just know
it ain't the rocks i threw that broke your window-
Na, it was the hot summer heat,
that expanded and broke glass,
but i'll admit my part in it.

i hit rocks up to fly to Chuck Berry
i don't mean him disrespect, i just mean for you to let me in.

i would be different if i had the dimes to buy a cycle,
but i have no grease to be one them oil heads,

listen to this,
we'd dine out real fine.
in highway dinners,
we'll talk of being more refined than corner gas stations
but there's no thing that will keep us from
hot dogs on summer nights.

let those freedom fighters watch us cycle into their -
fireworks.

blow your hair in the winds

the way you wash ketchup stains
off
my sweat smudged shirt
keeps my grin.

you don't know, but
i'd give my pocket knife
just to be two old fools
love-sick over the newspaper collection
at whatever public library
of wherever we find
ourselves
in.

No comments:

Post a Comment