Tuesday, January 20, 2009

jimmy

jimmy smoked the ciggy
he cradled it
forward
and back
sitting on the rocking chair
kept it warm with his breath
it was the fire within his eyes

jimmy
loves
me!

more or less

it rains on his porch
our porch, i mean

come inside, jimmy
excuse me, i have to go fetch him
again

the cold sinks into his warm naked back
he never wears the shirts i bought for him

jimmy rescued me from the screams
of a dysfunctional couple
mother and father, i mean

we aren't dysfunctional
we aren't screamers

we are runaways
we are engaged

jimmy said we'd be a happy couple
jimmy promised me no harm

promises, i mean

yes, jimmy promises me no harm

he speaks rarely
he does not curse
jimmy is a quiet man

peaceful and smart
he only corrects me when i am wrong
he laughs on occasion
at the figurines on his computer games

jimmy is kind
he does not touch me

excuse me, i have to go
to the liquor store
jimmy ran out of ciggys

No comments:

Post a Comment